Alec Baldwin has requested that the lawsuit filed by Halyna Hutchins’ parents and sister following the filmmaker’s death on the Rush set be dismissed.
The American entertainer said that Hutchins’ folks and sister had been removed from her ‘truly, monetarily and sincerely for quite a long time before her demise’.
In court papers filed on Thursday, Baldwin stated that Olga Solovey, Anatolii Androsovych, and Svetlana Zemko only filed the “misguided” suit in order to “obtain compensation” for Hutchins’ death in October 2021 on the Rush film set outside of Santa Fe, New Mexico. “The loss of a daughter and sister is undoubtedly painful in any circumstance,” Baldwin said.
According to NBC News, the documents state, “Yet Plaintiffs—who had been distanced from Halyna physically, financially, and emotionally for years before her death—have no viable cause of action against Defendants.” The suit was filed in February and named Rust Movie Productions, LLC, assistant director David Halls, and armourer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed. as the accused.
Gloria Allred, the attorney for Hutchins’ parents and sister, reportedly stated in a statement on Saturday that Baldwin’s demand for the lawsuit to be dismissed demonstrated that he was “once again attempting to avoid responsibility.”
She went on to say that she and the family of Hutchins were there to ensure that Baldwin was “held accountable for his actions.”
On October 21, 2021, Baldwin was practicing with a pistol for a scene at the Bonanza Creek Ranch when Halyna Hutchins was shot and killed. After the bullet hit Hutchins, director Joel Souza was also wounded.
Both Baldwin and Gutierrez-Reed were arrested in January and charged with involuntary manslaughter. Since then, Baldwin has promised to fight the charges, describing them as a “terrible miscarriage of justice.”
If found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, he and Rust armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed face a maximum prison sentence of 18 months.
Examiners claim Baldwin pulled the trigger of the firearm that killed Hutchins while Gutierrez-Reed neglected to guarantee it was dumped.
Chief Corridors was accused of careless utilization of a lethal weapon and has consented to argue no challenge, Lead prosecutor Mary Carmack-Altwies said.
Matthew Hutchins, Hutchins’ husband, and their nine-year-old son sued Baldwin last year, but they settled in October 2022.
Mr. Hutchins claimed that after the lawsuit was settled last year, he wanted no more “recriminations.”
However, in January, Hutchins’ family said that they support Alec Baldwin being accused of murder.
Baldwin stated in a court filing on Thursday that the settlement “should have been the end of the matter” for him.
The case’s next hearing is scheduled for June 9.
Leave a Reply